The Do's and Do Not's of Fashion
Posted on May 17 2016
As stated earlier, the fashion trends are always changing. At some point, any one of these 'do's' might end up on the 'do not' list and that's perfectly okay. As long as you stay up to date each seasons trends, you'll be in the clear!
1. HATS. Hats are very much in, especially fedoras and wide brim floppy hats. There's something about these types of hats that add so much personality and attitude to any outfit. I don't know about you but when I slip on one of these beauties, I immediately get a confidence boost. Please ditch the trucker hats and leave them in 2004 where they belong. To shop our hat collection, click here.
2. Crop tops and Open Backs. This season, crop tops are so in. However, they're only in if you style them appropriately. We do NOT recommend purchasing a crop top that shows your entire stomach...ladies, that is not classy. A crop top is meant to show a small portion of your lower belly and leave A LOT to the imagination. And if you're going to show skin on the front, it's definitely okay to show your backside. After all, it needs a little attention too. Open backs are a fun and flirty way to complete your sassy look!
3. Layer, Layer, Layer! Here at Page 6, we are definitely a fan of layering. Being from the South, the weather is extremely unpredictable. In the morning you could be facing brisk winds and chilly temperatures and in the afternoon you could be hit with heat that feels like it's from the Sahara. And who knows, the occasional popup storm might just be thrown your way. So hey, at least with your layers you'll always be stylishly prepared. And by layers, we don't mean layering your tank tops. We mean throwing on a fabulous, chic kimono or layering with a tank and a bralettes. Whichever style you chose, one thing is for certain--you can't go wrong!
Our 'Hamptons Tank' is shown above while our Nina Kimono is shown below! Click on picture to shop :)
1. Too Short, Shorts! No matter your age, there is nothing flattering about squeezing your bum into shorts and having them ride up in all of the wrong places. When your shorts are a little too tight, one of two things will happen. 1.) You're either going to be hanging out in places that should never see the light of day and 2.) Everyone is going to get a little more view than they bargained for...and certainly not in a good way. We've all seen that girl before and wondered who even let her out of the house. You should never be THAT GIRL under any circumstance! In order to avoid that, shop our short collection here or model your warm weather outfit after this flat lay below. Here we have our fabulous Z&L Peacock Shorts paired with our classic Sally Scallop Tank!
2. Flips Flops. Contrary to popular belief, flip flops do not actually go with everything. Occasionally, it is okay to slip on your favorite flip flop sandal but it is never okay to make them your go-to for every warm weather outfit. There's nothing worse than checking out another girl's outfit and seeing her ROCK it until you get to the shoes. Shoes can either make or break your outfit so make sure you get that stamp of approval. Shop our entire shoe collection here.
3. Hanging Loose. Ladies, there is a fine line between classy and trashy and letting your bra straps hang out definitely crosses into that 'no-no' territory. We wanted to highlight the simple fact that it's not okay to let everyone see your intimates. Leave a little to the imagination!! And no, bralettes are NOT included in this category. If you've got a revealing top that is backless or maybe features a plunging neckline, slip on one of our bralettes to make sure that you always remain classy. Our sassy Oliva Lace Tunic is shown with our burnt orange bralette.