Memorial Day Looks
Posted on May 27 2016
MEMORIAL DAY: PAGE 6 STYLE
Below we put together some festive and super patriotic looks for this day! You can never, EVER go wrong with a classic red, white, and blue combo.
The first outfit we wanted to show you was this navy blue and white combo. We absolutely love the contrast the deep blue gives off with the bright white, don't you? Our sassy 'Mahalo Printed Tank' is definitely a perfect pick this memorial day. For starters, how could you possible go wrong with this timeless beauty? Additionally, it is something you can wear long after Memorial Day has passed. The shorts featured are by Just USA and they are our daisy duke shorts in white. To complete the look, we paired our casual and comfortable BC Footwear 'Boxer Sandal' in Metallic with our simple and flirty 'Boho Feather Pendant - White.' I mean seriously, does it get more patriotic than this?
The second outfit we wanted to show you was this fabulous, casual combination. This beautiful pairing will look stunning on Memorial Day. Shown above, our favorite Z-Supply Pocket Tee in Sangria is paired with our Daisy Duke Cut-Off Shorts in Medium Blue. We added a tusk statement necklace to compliment our gorgeous white and tan fedora. This look would be absolutely perfect for a BBQ or even relaxing by the lake, take your pick!
The last outfit we wanted to show you was this classic white tank and light wash denim duo! Aside from the light, cool colors, you're sure to stay fresh all day long in our flowy lace tank, the 'Lorelei Floral Tank.' We simply love the details on this beauty and in our opinion, it does not get more casually sophisticated than this! We also chose to feature our 'Just USA High Rise Cuffed Shorts.' Yes, it's true. There is in fact something about cut-off shorts that scream summertime and what better way to kick off the start of summer than with these beauties? For the perfect finishing touch, we paired this outfit with a statement necklace.
Memorial Day Grub
While Memorial Day is about the our soldiers, we do understand that you will be spending time with your family and friends. And with good company comes good food right? Right. Well, in the South, we take our food seriously so it is only right we put down some of our favorite menu items and restaurants so you can make this Holiday the best one yet! Below, you'll find our must have food list for this Memorial Day!
1. Macaroni. I'm not sure if this is just me but I am not a very happy camper if macaroni is missing from the menu so that is exactly why I chose to feature it first. There is absolutely nothing better than good, homemade macaroni and if you disagree well...you might be wrong. NO COOKOUT OR SOUTHERN BBQ WILL BE COMPLETE WITHOUT IT. For some of the best recipes, click here.
2. Baked beans. What's a little BBQ without some baked beans? This menu item is the perfect way to continue the party, even after all of your BBQ is gone. We have linked a recipe for some of the best Southern Style Baked Beans money can buy and you will definitely have to give this one a try! Click here to check out what all the rave is about.
3. Coleslaw. This one is a no brainer but we thought we'd include it anyways. You can never go wrong with a little coleslaw and we feel like it is self explanatory as to why. Without further ado, click here for one of the best coleslaw recipes around!
4. Lemonade. While Sweet Tea is a no brainer, a lot of people tend to forget about lemonade. Lemonade is perfect for those who don't prefer tea or even those who just want a fresh, refreshment! Homemade lemonade is definitely the way to go. Click here for the recipe!
5. Apple pie and ice cream. Regardless of whether or not you live in the South, apple pie is a staple item for America. Just as with the macaroni, no BBQ is complete without some apple pie and ice cream. It's the perfect thing to finish off your already full belly. Even though you know you shouldn't have a slice, you go ahead and have two anyways...but hey, who cares? This is America and we are celebrating freedom. For a homemade apple pie recipe, click here. And if you're feeling adventurous, click here for a homemade vanilla ice cream recipe.
We hope we have inspired you to have the best Memorial Day yet! Enjoy our fabulous clothes, some great food, and spend time reflecting on all of the sacrifices some have made for our country. To shop the looks featured above, click here.