by Catherine Lowe
Alright ladies, it's that time of year that we all love and hate. Summer.
We love this time because of the warm weather, no school, and shorts, but we also hate it because that means we have to start shaving our legs and getting that "bikini body." First of all, do NOT stress yourself into looking like a size 2 supermodel in a bathing suit. That pressure is absolutely insane. Wear what makes YOU feel good and what you feel comfortable in.
And second of all, I'm not here to preach to you about how you should be a certain size in order to wear a bathing suit. If you do have a goal weight, do NOT starve yourself. Workout correctly, eat the right foods, sleep, and drink lots of water. I'm here to give you some easy workout hacks that will not only tone you up, but make you feel a lot better about yourself this summer!
1. Exercise for at least 30 minutes each day. Whether it be walking, biking, or lifting weights, try to do some sort of fitness exercise for at least 30 minutes. That's all you need! You don't need a gym to do this, go outside and power walk in your neighborhood for a little bit.
2. Don't stop eating! Since you will be exercising every day (right?), your body needs more calories to burn off. Instead of eating 3 huge meals a day, have lighter meals and more healthy snacks in between. Carrots, wheat thins, and pretzels are not only delicious, but good for you!
3. Hydration is key. Drink an insane amount of water. If you're more of a coffee person, like myself, try ordering a tall coffee everyday and drinking two water bottles to balance it out. Coffee dehydrates you and puts you at more risk for a UTI. In order to stay hydrated, drink a LOT of water. Your body will thank me later.
4. Take a Zumba class. If your local gym is offering Zumba, DO IT! I promise you won't regret it. If you aren't able to pay for one, you can YouTube some fun sessions. Not only are you burning calories, but you are having fun dancing at the same time!
5. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every single night. The fact of the matter is, your body needs sleep and in order to be healthy, you need to sleep for at least 7 hours every single night. I know that may be hard for you college and high school students, but try as hard as you can to meet that goal. Quit taking long naps during the day and save your sleep for the night time. Once you workout you'll be ready for bed away.
6. Try some interval training. You can totally google any type of quick workout to do daily. On our Pinterest Fitness board, you can find numerous exercises that you can do right in your living room while you watch Friends! Make sure to check that board out to see what we have picked for you.
Once you're able to start these tasks, you'll want to workout every single day and you will become stress free and a happier person. Just like Elle Woods says, "exercise releases endorphins... and endorphins make you happy!"