6 Things You Can Do To Help the Environment
Posted on April 21 2017
by Catherine Lowe
Reduce, reuse, recycle!
Although we should be celebrating our planet every single day, tomorrow is extra special since it is Earth Day! Going green is so much easier that you might think. We're used to throwing away plastic bottles in the trash, using an excess amount of water to get ready in the morning, and even drive across campus to get to class instead of walking. Tomorrow let's all take a pledge to help out the environment as much as we can by paying attention to what we really need and don't need.
Here are a few things you can do tomorrow to help out the gorgeous planet we live on.
1. Recycle, recycle, recycle. The next time you get that Starbucks iced coffee, make sure to wash it out and put it in a recycling bin with plastics. Paper, plastics, and glass. Don't throw away these kinds of things in the normal trash, make sure to recycle them. The environemnt will thank you later.
2. Use less water. In the morning, it's easy to just hop in the shower while you're getting ready for work or classes. One way you can avoid this is to just use water to wash your face and brush your teeth. If you really need to shower, try to take a 5 minute cold shower and only wash what needs to be cleaned. This will make such a difference!
3. Unplug things when you're not using them. Not only will it save you some $$$, but it's also much better for the environment. If you aren't using your bedside lamp or the toaster, make sure to unplug it to save some energy.
4. Try to walk to ride your bike places. If you usually drive to class that's 10 minutes away, let's face it - you really don't need to drive. You can walk. Try to be energy effecient and not use your car unless you absolutely have to!
5. Plant some trees in your area. It's so easy to go get some plant seeds and soil! You'll feel 100% better when you plant some tree seeds. Help out in your community by creating some trees and flowers.
6. Spread the word. We all know that the only way something will know about something is if people are talking about it. Going green is important. Make sure to get your family and friends on board with celebrating the beauty of the environment.
By doing these simple tasks, you will be on your way to helping out and being the change we all need in the world. Let's all go green tomorrow so we can help save this beautiful planet!